term paper writing manuals
Set Specific Goals
Writing a research paper is a lot easier on you, the student, when you set yourself certain goals. All of this takes place before you start the research and the writing. The saying goes that if you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail. So rather than rushing in to begin writing your research paper, stop, take stock of the situation and list your goals. Here are a few possible specific goals.
- set up a timetable
- create an ideal topic
- create an ideal thesis statement
- become an expert note taker
- create an outstanding plan
A list of 5 topics for a research paper in history
Writing a history research paper involves selecting a good topic of interest. When you have the freedom to choose the topic you want to write about, you easily get overwhelmed since you have so many choices to think about. The topic you choose needs to be interesting and significant. You will need to keep in mind your ability to research and write based on what you know and assignment guidelines. The following ideas are great suggestions for a history research paper or they can lead you to something more compatible with your interests.
- The Declaration of Independence. When was this declaration created? Who signed it? How did it become an official document? What is in it that people may not know about? How many people did it take to create it? If you could make changes to it what would it be and why?
- The assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Who was accused of his murder and what happened later on that made people change their perspective about the accused murderer? How did people view Dr. King after he was assassinated? What were critical moments and events that occurred at his death? How did parts of the United States and other countries react to his death?
- Women’s suffrage. Why did it take so long for women to be able to do things like their male counterparts? What were things women were not allowed to do before certain laws changed? What women were important players in helping other women establish and exercise their rights? Which parts of the world today still have issues in letting women do what they want?
- The Great Depression. How long did the great depression last? Which countries were affected? Which countries were hit the hardest? How did people get jobs or make money when they could not find work? Was this event predicted before in the past before it occurred? Can this happen again and what evidence suggests it will?
- The Challenger space shuttle disaster. Who were the astronauts involved? Why did the space shuttle explode or disintegrate? How has the space shuttle program changed since this disaster occurred? What parts of the shuttle played a role in the disaster? Could this have been avoided? How are each of the astronauts being remembered in today’s society?
© SanchuanMuseum.com. Best collection of term & research paper writing manuals