term paper writing manuals
Set Specific Goals
Writing a research paper is a lot easier on you, the student, when you set yourself certain goals. All of this takes place before you start the research and the writing. The saying goes that if you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail. So rather than rushing in to begin writing your research paper, stop, take stock of the situation and list your goals. Here are a few possible specific goals.
- set up a timetable
- create an ideal topic
- create an ideal thesis statement
- become an expert note taker
- create an outstanding plan
Sociology Research Paper Topics that Earns a Top Grade
Sociology is the academic study of groups of people and their customs, cultures and practices. This makes it a particularly interesting topic to research and write about. Here’s a list of sociology research topics that can earn you a top grade in class:
- Cults, Clans and Communities: Most people in society want to be a part of a larger group. Sometimes, though, these groups can be become too destructive where others promote fellowship, solidarity and community. Pick two opposing groups that were founded on a similar belief and analyze their divergence.
- Sociology and Food: This topic can be very fun and very interesting for you and your audience. Don’t just think about this on the distribution side of things but also in the way that it is consumed at the local and national level. Consider how cultural identification is closely tied to ethnic foods.
- Mass Media: Media is one of the most interesting topics in sociology to research. And the best part is that there is plenty to discuss. What people read in magazines, see on television and in theaters great affects members of society.
- Class Conflict and Inequalities: Classes are viewed and treated differently in every culture. Consider some of the following subtopics: food in poor and rich areas, taxes and wages, and geographical and class segregation.
- Youth Cultures: Some form of youth culture exists in every part of the world, and now there are sever subcultures to write about, which is often illustrated in clothing, music, and attitude. Studying this topic allows our understand of how the world works and provides a glimpse of where we are heading.
- Social Movements: Revolutions or other types of social movements are great because they illustrate the formation of communities that share similar beliefs and strive to accomplish common goals. Some type of movement is always happening which makes them both current and historical. Choose a particular movement that interests you and consider accomplishments or failures of it.
- Sociology of Gender and Sexuality: Gender bias exists in every culture around the world. Studying gender opposites opens pathways to understanding why there are so many inequalities and established notions of social hierarchy. Consider how gender or sexuality affects one’s sense of self within the community.
- Commodities: Researching this topic can be done anywhere and without the help of any books or the internet. Your research can be hands on and take a look at anything around your daily life, including music, art, coffee, entertainment and much more. Get out there and take a stance.
- Superstition, Legends and Spirituality: There are a number of myths and legends you may already be familiar with, but some modern ones are classified as superstitious when people practice beliefs originating from them. Can you find links between the old and new and our perceptions of them?
- Race, Nationality and Ethnicity: Consider looking at Census data to start and look for interesting factoids regarding racial segregation, interracial marriage, ethnicity and class and any of the number of topics available by checking official reports. Additionally, consider looking at the effects that origins have on a person and solidarity in a group.
© SanchuanMuseum.com. Best collection of term & research paper writing manuals