term paper writing manuals
Set Specific Goals
Writing a research paper is a lot easier on you, the student, when you set yourself certain goals. All of this takes place before you start the research and the writing. The saying goes that if you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail. So rather than rushing in to begin writing your research paper, stop, take stock of the situation and list your goals. Here are a few possible specific goals.
- set up a timetable
- create an ideal topic
- create an ideal thesis statement
- become an expert note taker
- create an outstanding plan
Tips for writing a research paper
- The setting up of the timetable is vital. The first aspect of this is starting at the right time. So many students procrastinate. So many students leave it until the last week or so and find themselves cramming and rushing to get their term paper finished. Avoid this. Give yourself plenty of time and therefore give yourself the best chance of writing a really good research paper.
- Choosing the right topic is a no-brainer. Talk this over with your teacher or tutor. Is this topic something which really appeals to you? Do you have any experience in researching and writing about this topic? The choice of topic can make the writing of your term paper so much easier and much more successful.
- Remember that the thesis statement will dominate your term paper. This is the statement you will need to prove and develop a solid argument around. Take your time and set a goal that the thesis statement will be the best it possibly can be. Discuss this with your teacher or tutor. Just as you need to choose the right topic, you need to choose the right thesis statement.
- If you are not already an expert note taker, set yourself a goal of becoming one. You need to develop your own formal shorthand. You need to develop a tidy and safe system of storing your notes. The student who has loose sheets of paper with scribbled notes here and there is far less likely to produce an excellent research paper.
- And finally you need to set yourself the goal of creating an outstanding plan. This will be the outline of your term paper. This will have the structure headings such as introduction, first and second fact paragraphs and conclusion etc. With these headings will come the various points you make throughout your term paper. If you haven't already developed this skill of creating a wonderful outline, find examples of such excellent work and learn how to copy it.
© SanchuanMuseum.com. Best collection of term & research paper writing manuals